Introduction to Word Processors
By the end of the lesson you should be able to:
Define word processors
List examples of word processors
State and explain advantages of electronic word processors
Definition of electronic word processors and Examples
An electronic word processor refers to an application software used to create,edit, format and print a text and graphics integrated document.
Examples of Word Processors
- Corel WordPerfect
- Lotus WordPro
- Microsoft Word
Advantages of electronic Word Processors
- Allows for editing hence correcting documents created by electronic word processors is simple.They have the following editing features; Thesaurus, grammar and spelling checker, autocomplete and autocorrect.
- Word processors have superior formatting features hence can be used to create more appealing documents
- Documents created can be stored in the computer memory for future reference
- A lot of documents created in word processors can be stored easily since computers have a vast storage capacity
- Features such autocomplete, autotext, autocorrect, word wrap makes word processors more simple and efficient to use in document processing.
- Electronic word processors automatically generates table of contents, list of figures , indexes , page numbers , headers and footers
- The mail merging features makes it simples to generate reports in word processors
- It is possible to send a document created by an electronic word processors through email and even social media
- Multiple copies of same documents can be printed in different formats since it gives such options